This blog is for those users who are making someone’s hackles rise by the large size of Outlook data file, which causes Outlook to operate imperfectly. Oversized Outlook PST files corrupt the system performance and make it difficult to save the PST files from corruption. To avoid future corruption, users need to divide over-size files into smaller sections.
So, this article will guide you on how to Split PST file without Outlook 2007, 2010, 2013, and many more by using an expert suggested solution.
Know Outlook Archive | Split Archive PST without Outlook
Therefore, Outlook offers archiving of emails and data items. When users choose to archive Outlook emails it means that they move emails of the network mail server to the local system. Users will still be able to access those archive files into the Outlook platform.
But the problems arise when the archive file size is too large to manage by Outlook software. In that case, users are seeking to split the Outlook archive.
How to divide PST files without Outlook? | Automated Solution
There is the main issue where Outlook does not offer direct functionality to the size of PST. Therefore, it is best to use the effective Split Large Outlook PST Files of 2022. It also supports archiving files without Outlook safely and securely. In addition, this utility supports dividing UNICODE and ANSI type files. If you choose this solution, you won’t face any issue of corruption afterward.
Here are some advanced features it offers:-
- To perform on ANSI and UNICODE file types.
- Users can easily divide your large-sized files ranging size from 1MB to 1TB.
- Therefore, you can split Outlook archived into smaller ones without losing any data files.
- Users need to create new folders to store their PST files.
- It is an easy-to-use interface that software resulted in a few simple steps.
- There are 6 methods to split archive PST by Date, Size, Year, Folder (for example messages, contacts, and so on.) Email ID, Category.
Stepwise Working Procedure for the Software
Below are the steps to split PST file without Outlook in bulk. Follow step by step don’t miss a single step otherwise you have to start the process again from the beginning. So, let us start the process:-
- Launch “Split PST” Software.
- Now, click on the “Add” File and Folder(s).
- Then, select the desired location to save your resultant files.
- Select split Outlook file from size 1MB to 1TB.
- Check the summary of split information and click on the NEXT button to proceed.
- Finally, click to Start the software to split PST files without Outlook in a required way.
In this way, you can easily split the Outlook archive into the desired size. Now, you know how to split PST files in the easiest way possible.
Break Microsoft Outlook Data File | Manually
It prevents Outlook from any problems due to the PST file being too large, one must divide the PST file. In this order of splitting over-sized PST files manually, there are three different processes available to split PST in Outlook. One can choose any of them according to their requirements.
- Split Large PST File Using Archive Features
- Compact PST File Size
- Import & Export Option to Avoid Outlook PST Size Problems
Know the complete step by step process for the same:-
Method 1: Split Large PST File Using Archive Features
The manual method will help to split large size PST files by year that help users in managing PST files yearly. Now, follow the steps below mentioned:
- Firstly, Open the MS Outlook application and directly go with the file tab.
- Now, select the Archive Option.
- Then, you need to select the archive folder and subfolders option.
- From the drop-down list, you need to select the date option for Archive items older than the archive date option before the date only.
- Click on the Browse button to select your destination path to share your archive .pst file.
- Then, click on the OK button to complete the process.
Method 2: Compact PST File Size
If the user wants to reduce the size of the PST file then they need to follow the steps to split the large PST file mentioned below:-
- First, Go to the File tab.
- Now, select the Account Settings option.
- Then, select account settings>> Data Files.
- Select the data file and click on the Settings option.
- Finally, click on the Compact Now Button and after that click on OK.
Method 3: Import & Export Option to Avoid Outlook PST Size Problems
Therefore, if users want to resolve PST files to large issues, the user can also go for the Import & Export feature offered by Outlook to split large PST files into smaller parts.
- MS Outlook application, Click on Navigate File tab.
- Now, Go to the account option and select the Account Settings Option.
- It provides the location and name for the new file in Create and Open Outlook Data File.
- After that, exit the Account Settings window by clicking on the Close Button.
- Go to File Tab and click on Open>> Import Option.
- Now, select the PST file and click the Next option again.
- From the Expand Folder window, select the folder that you want to export.
- Select the items to export and then click on the Next button to continue.
- Click on the Browse button to select the desired location to store your new file.
- Click on the Finish button.
Limitation of Manual Method
Above you have seen that there are multiple manual processes to divide PST files without Outlook. However, there are some limitations also for using manual methods that a user face. All three solutions are lengthy and time-consuming. Moreover, no one can provide the perfect solution for that. So, in the above article, we have explained the reliable and simple solution to split PST files without Outlook.
In this article, we have discussed how to split PST file without Outlook without facing any hassle. Above there are two methods to divide PST files without Outlook being manual and automated methods. By using the manual solution you have to face three challenges to perform the task and which is too long to process. So, that’s why we suggested you use an automated solution where you get the simple and quick solution to split PST files without Outlook in a few clicks. Choose as per your requirements.