Talent teams have been able to speed up their hiring and recruitment process by using AI and automation in talent acquisition and recruiting software. These technologies are capable of assisting with the recruitment and hiring process.
Quickly collect and sort data. It will save you time and effort in sourcing candidates, screening applicants, scheduling interviews, and sending back and forth emails. These tools will speed up hiring and help you attract and connect with talented people before your competition. However, not all tools will be suitable for you.
ATS systems have been used to dismiss qualified candidates who don’t meet the job description criteria. There are many recruitment technology providers on the market. However, the average organization uses ten or more tools. It is important to understand how to get the best solutions for your company.
It would help if you vetted the AI and automation recruitment software shortlist. Please research the platform’s technical capabilities and organizational ethos before you commit to it.
We have listed four questions to help you evaluate AI and automation software.
Is it able to eliminate mundane tasks?
Managers spend eight hours a week performing repetitive administrative tasks. However, 25% of managers surveyed say it is closer than four hours per day.
It is a waste of time. It is time that your recruitment team could use to perform more valuable tasks like interviewing candidates. When choosing software for recruitment, consider whether it will make tasks easier, such as:
The hiring process includes screening applicants. It can also take up your time. Your recruitment software should use AI to:
- Easily screens candidates. Don’t waste your time screening candidates manually. Use technology to identify the right candidates and those who won’t.
- Enhances human aspects of hiring. Communicate with candidates wherever they are most comfortable. You can do this by sending regular, automated messages. These bots can learn from candidates’ conversations and adjust their messaging accordingly.
- Offers video screening. Your recruiting technology should allow you to screen candidates on-demand if you don’t have the time. Candidates can answer the screening questions in their own time and without being accompanied by anyone else.
Interviews last between 30 and 60 minutes. It can add up to a lot of time if you consider how many interviews you conduct.
AI video interviewing tools analyze candidates’ facial expressions and verbal responses. It is useful for customer service and healthcare jobs where empathy and friendliness are important qualities to be looking for. After the interview, the AI tool scores each candidate’s performance.
Don’t rely solely on AI-driven interviews. Choose software that combines AI-driven interviewing with your necessary human expertise.
It would help if you were looking out for the following capabilities:
- Calendar syncing. You can save yourself the hassle of sending endless emails. Instead, you can compile all your hiring team’s calendars into one place. It will allow you to schedule interviews quickly.
- Self-scheduling. Automated scheduling encourages candidates to schedule the most convenient interview times. Automated scheduling also makes it easy to keep track of all interview requests from different inboxes.
- Combination of interviewer feedback. Some recruiting software allows you to rank candidates using a set of criteria that you can then compare and review after each interview.
It would be great to click one button to post job applications to multiple job boards at once. It would help to look for features that make a job posting easy when choosing a recruiting software. You can create one job posting and post it to all your job boards and social media channels using automated candidate-sourcing. You only need one click to get started.
AI can provide data-driven insights if you are unsure which job boards you should post to. Many recruiting software systems offer audience targeting functions. For example, budget spending can be automatically allocated to job boards producing the highest results.
Does it mitigate conscious and unconscious biases?
While most organizations agree on hiring diverse employees, there are still unconscious and conscious biases. It is especially true during talent acquisition.
Training in the workplace can help recruiters recognize and tackle this bias. To add an extra layer to your confidence, use tools that actively mitigate bias.
You should ensure that you choose the right technology for your recruitment.
- Searches data about race, gender, and age. It will allow the screening process to focus only on the candidate’s skills and job history. It will allow the screening process to focus on the candidate’s job history and skills.
- Uses AI-driven job description graders. It will help you identify potential problems in your writing and prevent exclusionary messages or negative sentiments.
- Provides job opportunities for candidates matching. Machine learning and AI are less biased than human talent acquisition teams. You can make sure that your recruiters focus on candidate skills only in the initial stages of selection by using candidate matching tools.
- Avoids bias mitigation. The recruiting software you choose should show that it follows a strict framework to mitigate bias.
Can it quickly reveal and engage qualified candidates?
The United States is experiencing a 10-year high in skills shortages. Identifying qualified candidates using AI-powered and automated recruiting software is now more important. It will improve the time it takes to hire.
Your competition will outclass you if you cannot quickly engage with high-quality candidates. You should be able to fill roles quickly with your recruiting software using a combination of the following:
High-tech tools can measure engagement levels and identify the most interested candidates. It will allow you to eliminate candidates who are not a good fit for your culture. It can, for example, rank candidates who respond to interview requests later than expected.
Your talent acquisition team can save up to 30% with intelligent zero-click sourcing tools. How? How? By searching your CRM for candidates, analyzing their job descriptions, and ranking them against each other.
Your recruitment team can spend valuable time nurturing candidates because it is all automated. After the tool finds the right candidates, it automatically sends job alerts and details to the applicants.
Text messages have a response rate of more than seven-folds higher than emails, and respondents respond in as little as 90 seconds. It is an area that your recruitment teams must use.
Intelligent messaging such as SMS text messages, can be used to engage candidates without your intervention. It allows you to screen candidates even if your talent acquisition team is unavailable. AI text bots can send personalized answers instantly to basic questions regarding the job or the interview process.
Does it encourage better decision-making?
Is your hiring team indecisive? It is a problem that many hiring teams face. Talent acquisition is a time-consuming process. Indeed, more determined recruiters hire 10% better candidates.
You don’t want someone who isn’t the right fit. AI insights can help you make better decisions and speed up the process of candidate evaluation.
Candidate matching lets you search your active and passive talent pools for candidates who meet your job requirements. It will allow you to prioritize the best candidates from your pool and reduce the number of candidates you have to review.
Find out user reviews.
Now you have key questions about the AI and automation features of your recruitment software. Is this enough to help you make a decision? It is not. It will help if you read user reviews to ensure you’re making the right choice.
Pay attention to the businesses that use the software. It is about your competitors? What do your competitors think about the tool? What number of negative reviews do you have? Do they outweigh the positive ones?
It will allow you to make more informed decisions if you can show real benefits. It will give you more ammunition when you present a business plan for your automation and AI recruiting software.
Be wise, not blind
Many American workers quitting their jobs won’t be slowing down anytime soon. It means that your hiring teams will have to work harder to find new candidates and engage and attract them quickly.
Your recruitment team needs an AI and automation solution to boost their manual efforts in today’s competitive job market. Your time to hire is more efficient the faster you can get it done.
When selecting recruiting software, you must choose the right combination of AI and automation. There are so many options available, don’t let the jargon and shiny functions fool you. You need to ensure that each AI and automation feature is compatible with your talent acquisition requirements to choose the best solution for your hiring and recruitment needs.
Make wise decisions and not make blind choices. Your recruitment efforts will be rewarded handsomely in the long term if you make the right decision.