The first meeting with your newly engaged SEO agency is often thrilling since you have high expectations of them. Because of your decision to invest in SEO services, you are certain that your company will be able to expand to the next level.
When you schedule your first meeting with your selected search engine optimization business, there are several questions you must ask and red flags to be aware of in order to separate a real SEO company from a scam.
In this post, we will address all of your concerns and questions when you consider making your first investment.
Questions to Ask Your SEO Agency During the First Consultation
If you bring these questions to your first SEO agency meeting, you’ll be able to better grasp what they can and cannot achieve for you:
- How long have you been in SEO?
- Could you please share any of your prior work? Can you show me some case studies?
- What are your most notable SEO accomplishments to date?
- Steps that you take to boost your search engine rankings?
- What exactly can you do for my organization (link profile, web analytics, etc.)?
- How will you split the number of hours you will devote to SEO activities?
- How frequently will you keep me informed about changes to our website?
- What are the benefits of using SEO? What effect will it have on my company?
- Do you abide by search engine guidelines?
- How will you determine the SEO ROI?
- When should I expect to get the results?
- Which tools do you use to carry out various SEO tasks?
- Have any of your clients been penalized by Google? If so, how did you handle the problem, and how is your company doing now?
- Can you provide me with some instances of your previous SEO work in [your niche]?
- Can you give information about your previous clientele as SEO references?
- Are there any assurances you provide?
- Do you have any prior knowledge about my city/country?
- What is the most significant SEO strategy that you always employ?
- What do you know about our business and its clients?
- Do you know who our rivals are?
- What exactly can SEO do to help our company grow?
- Do any of our competitors make use of SEO services? What have they accomplished in the past?
- What kind of reports will you give us on a weekly or monthly basis?
- Do you require our assistance with your regular SEO tasks?
- What are your conditions of payment?
- When may we, if necessary, end the contract?
- Who will be our customer relationship manager/SEO manager, and how will we get in touch with him/her?
What an SEO Agency Should Be Able to Do?
Your selected SEO company should be able to efficiently do the following tasks:
Keyword research is an essential component of every SEO effort. Your SEO company should be able to find the ideal keywords for organic optimization initiatives. Keep the following criteria in mind while the agency selects your keywords:
- Who are your ideal clients?
- What keywords are your rivals focusing on?
- Keywords that will provide you with the best return on investment?
- What keywords may you target on your existing website’s pages?
- How many keywords do you need to increase your current profit?
- Have they considered the keyword’s competition before settling on it? Low-competition keywords might provide you with the most effective results the fastest.
On-Page Technical Audit-
All SEO businesses perform technical SEO audits, but a skilled SEO services provider will thoroughly analyze each and every component of a website because it can have a direct influence on the optimization ROI. However, your SEO agency should not compel you to do audits on a monthly basis.
Typically, an SEO audit is conducted at the outset of your optimization effort, and some ongoing modifications are recommended to maintain the website in compliance with search engine requirements and the most recent UX best practices. The beginning of each quarter is normally enough often.
A content audit is a core part of search engine optimization since it helps match your material with the intent of the searcher. When your content matches the exact purpose of the searcher, search engines prioritize it and it ranks higher.
When your SEO agency first comes on board, a thorough content audit should be performed, and then once a year thereafter. This audit entails examining all of your site’s content to identify just what is working, what needs to be updated, and what’s not working, and it will give valuable insights into and guide your content marketing strategy. It’s a qualitative examination and evaluation based on the KPIs you set up ahead of time.
Choosing an SEO Tool-
Your SEO company should be able to help you in selecting the best SEO tools to carry out all of the tasks required to increase your ranking:
Every business has unique requirements, and your expectations of an SEO strategy are determined by your company’s objectives. There are several SEO tools accessible, and the tool you choose should be based on the precise goals you want to accomplish with your campaign.
For example, if your SEO company discovers that you have a few broken or otherwise insufficient links that are impacting your ability to rank on Google, they may recommend that you purchase an outreach tool to increase your link-earning efforts.
It’s usually a good idea to question your SEO agency why they’ve chosen a certain SEO tool and what impact this will have on the entire strategy.
Backlinks continue to be one of the most important ranking factors in the search engine ranking algorithm.
Google constantly analyzes every link pointing to your website and utilizes it to rank your website in search results. The more high-authority backlinks your site has, the more likely it is to rank at the top of Google’s SERPs. On the other hand, if your website contains an excessive number of irrelevant links or a small number of links, your chances of ranking on Google are reduced.
If you’re considering hiring a Local SEO agency or have already decided to do so, you must ensure that you set the correct expectations for all parties from the start. Hopefully, this post has served as a valuable guide for your first meeting with an SEO business, as well as for each stage of your SEO plan in a long and productive collaboration.