Dubai South Free Zone is indeed a unique and master-planned city. Moreover, it is built around Al Maktoum International Airport which is the world’s largest airport in the making. This urban platform supports every enterprise, be it small or large, making it the leading center for trade and commerce across the nation. This is one of the major reasons why Dubai south company setup is a popular choice for both local and foreign investors and traders. With unrestrained access to seaports, airports, and major roads, this freezone offers supreme speed, connectivity as well as the flexibility to empower trade across international borders.
In this article, we will discuss why to choose Dubai South free zone for your business, and what are the advantages and benefits of the Dubai south business setup.
Dubai South Free Zone
Dubai South Free Zone was previously Dubai World Central(DWC). It was established In the year 2006 and is currently one of the top runners among all the Dubai freezone company formation options. In short, it is one of the most swiftly developing business locations in the UAE.
The best feature about the Dubai South freezone is its proximity to Al Maktoum international airport and Jebel Ali Sea Port. This deliberate placement enhances convenient logistics and shipment around the GCC, Middle East, and also the entire world. In simple terms, the Dubai South Free Zone serves as the facilitated platform in the UAE for the growth of preeminent industries such as logistics, aviation, light industry, and ancillary service businesses. Thus, it makes this place a preferred location for trade as well as company establishment in Dubai.
Advantages of Dubai South Company Setup
- 100% tax-free operations
- Full ownership of the company
- Complete repatriation of capital as well as profits
- No custom tax for import and export
- Flexible commercial lease terms
- Availability of an array of business activities
- Minimal legal formalities for Dubai south business setup
- Direct access to Jebel Ali Sea Port and Al Maktoum International Airport
- No restrictions on foreign currency
- Proof for share capital not required
- Competitive rates
- State-of-the-art infrastructure and other facilities
- Affordable resident visas
- Security for high-risk nationalities
- Designated freezone
- Availability of office spaces at reasonable rates
- Residential facilities available in the nearby
- A secure legal environment with transparent rules and regulations
- Various options to choose from high-quality commercial buildings
- Business facilities to operate efficiently and effectively
- A multi-model platform
- Offers a quick and easy business formation
- Ease of trade and transport via road, sea, and air
- Global business hub
- Options for multiple business activities
- Integrated ecosystem
- Fewer restrictions on foreign investors for immigration formalities
You may like it: Looking for a Business Setup Company in Dubai?
Types of licenses available for Dubai South Company Setup
- General trading license – This particular license allows the company to import, export, store and sell products in the UAE market through a local distributor.
- Industrial license – The company can carry out specified light manufacturing activities with this license.
- Service license – With this license, the company can carry out those services that are specified in the license within the UAE.
- Logistics license – The holder of the license can carry out specified logistics services.
- Education license – This license permits the holder to carry out educational and social services including educational training, and educational consultancy services.
- Commercial license – The holder can carry out specified commercial activities in the UAE through the local distributor as well as out of the UAE.
Legal structure options available for Dubai South Company Setup
DWC or Dubai South free zone offers the following company setup options to the investors and business owners :
Dubai South Limited Liability Company
The LLC is a legal entity with its own legal nature. This structure requires at least AED 3,00,000 for its formation in Dubai South. Besides, the liability of the shareholders is limited to their capital contribution to the company. Most importantly, the LLC must have Directors, a Company secretary as well as a General manager.
A branch is basically a sub-division office of an existing legal entity operating within or outside the UAE. Unlike LLC, the branch cannot have a board of directors or other main officials as it is fully under the supervision of the parent company. However, it must have a general manager who will take care of the branch operations. The name of the branch has to be the same as the name of its parent company. In addition, it must end with the designation ‘Branch’.
District allocation for Dubai South Company Setup
Dubai South Free Zone divides into three major districts –
The Dubai South Aviation District is dedicated to the aviation industry that provides a complete range of aviation-related industries. For example, the aviation manufacturing sector, design and consultancy sector, aviation support services, aviation training center, research and development, fixed base operators, maintenance and operations, and other high-tech industries. In short, it is a one-stop-shop for all aviation-related setups.
The Logistics District is a multi-model platform for industries associated with the supply chain. The district offers direct access to road, sea, and air transportation. The designated airport and seaport allow cargo to move from port to airport quickly. Additionally, it offers simplifies processes or Dubai South Company Setup, that too with competitive rates. Since the Logistics District covers the way for a fast logistics movement, it is expected to fulfill the gap in the global supply chain.
The Business park is strategically placed at the entrance of the Dubai South Free zone to provide businesses with the space and flexibility they need to grow and expand. It offers flexible office spaces and top-quality commercial buildings suited for small start-ups as well as large corporations. The business park is designed to encourage long-term business setup providing constructive facilities to companies that would help them to sustain and progress in the region. It is a fully-furnished business complex that offers a wide range of smart office solutions. To sum up, the Business Park in Dubai South provides such a business-pro environment for the firms and entrepreneurs to promote their services to an extensive range.
Steps for incorporation into Dubai South Free Zone
- Obtain initial approval for business setup
- Name and activity approval
- Application and legal document submission
- Signature verification
- Lease agreement signing
- Get the Registration Certificate, Business License, and Lease Agreement
Documents required for DWC business setup
- Passport copies of the owner/s
- Memorandum of Association (MOA)
- Articles of Association (AOA)
- Residence proof
- UAE visa/Entry permit
- Certificate of Incorporation
- Shareholder’s certificate
- Trading name approval
The application and document review takes at least 15 days. The Dubai South Business Setup requires the presence of the company owner in the UAE for signature verification. However, it can also be done with Power of Attorney legalized in the UAE embassy and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, in case the visit is not possible.
On the other hand, the owner does not have to visit the UAE for the license renewal purpose. Rather, they can get it done with the help of a local agent. Similarly, the liquidation process of a Dubai South company doesn’t need the personal presence of the owner.
Connect with Shuraa and give life to your Dubai South company setup idea!
Shuraa Business Setup offers great solutions for those who wish to launch a company in Dubai south free zone at a reasonable budget. Our professionals can assist you with all the legal requirements to open the business and get resident visas for you as well as your family and staff. So, get in touch with our advisors now and avail the best consultancy for your business.
Call at +971 44081900 or submit your queries over chat at +971 507775554. You can also interact with our team at email@example.com.