QuickBooks application has definitely established itself among all kinds of businesses. It is one of the software that offers a systematic way of managing your finances. As the QB Desktop comprises crucial sensitive data, it is necessary to secure your account so that other people cannot access such information. Thus, to keep it safe, each user must set a password. In this way, every time you launch the program, QuickBooks will ask you to enter the password to make sure the concerned person is accessing it. However, at times, you might need to reset your QuickBooks password if you have forgotten. Hence, we will acquire relevant info on resetting QB passwords through this article. Ensure to give it a complete read.
Do you have questions about recovering your password in QuickBooks? Then have a one-to-one conversation with one of the technical experts via our Toll-Free 1.855.738.2784 .
Points to Note Down When Creating a New Password
The moment you are about to reset your password in QuickBooks, you must make sure to follow certain rules. These guidelines are essential; else, you would not be able to set a valid password. Make sure to read each point concisely-
- Do not give any space when creating a password.
- Always remember not to form an easy-to-guess password. As the QB application contains all your organization’s sensitive data, you must set a difficult password. To do that, include a minimum of 7 characters in the password.
- Uppercase, lowercase, special character, numbers, letters, everything must be present in the password.
- Just like any other password, QuickBooks password is case-sensitive as well. Before typing, check for the num lock and caps lock keys on your keyboard.
- To sign in to the QuickBooks Desktop account, make use of the admin account şişli escort credentials.
- Before proceeding with recovering your password, keep the license number ready with you. In case you get confused, the QB license number consists of 15 digits.
- When you are about to set the QuickBooks admin password, provide the entire name of the user registered with the QuickBooks Desktop.
- The contact number you have provided must be active at that moment.
Now that you have understood all points to consider before performing the procedure of resetting the QuickBooks Desktop password for both users and admin, move on to the next section of the article to acquire relevant information on how to reset the password without any hindrance.
You may read also : Quickbooks Error ol 221
An Entire Guide to Recover Password for Both QuickBooks Desktop Admin and User
If you are unable to reset either the QuickBooks admin or user password, do not get stressed out! We are here to help you. Go ahead and check out the step-by-step procedure that we have discussed below. Also, as there are two different methods to reset the admin password for the QB year 2020 and the earlier versions, we have described both methods. Thus, perform them accordingly-
METHOD 1: Process to Reset the Admin Password in QuickBooks 2019 Version
- In the beginning, run your QuickBooks Desktop and then move to the login page.
- After that, tap on the ‘I forgot my password’ option.
- Now, you are required to provide your QuickBooks ‘License Number’. To see the license number, stay on the same and hit the ‘F2’ key on your keyboard.
- Further, type all other details, like name, contact number, email address, and the ZIP code you have given while buying the software.
- In the next step, click on the ‘OK’ button and visit your CAMPS page to access the code received in the email.
- If you do not get any email in your inbox, check the junk and spam sections as well.
- In the end, proceed as per the instructions prompted to create a new QB admin password.
NOTE: You must change recover the QuickBooks admin password only when you do not require to provide a username while signing in but a password.
METHOD 2: Process to Reset the Admin Password in QuickBooks 2020 Version
NOTE: If you are not a QuickBooks 2020 version user, but jumping on to the version from an older version, then you must make sure to reset the password in the current QuickBooks Desktop first.
- Start by launching your QuickBooks application on the Windows desktop.
- Now, visit the Company Login window and then hit the ‘I forgot my Password’ option.
- Next, a drop-down arrow shows up on the screen from where you are required to choose the desired email id.
- Suppose your email id is unavailable; tap on the ‘Don’t see your email in the list above?’ option. After that, move ahead as per the steps displayed.
- You will now receive a token on the email id you chose.
- Go to your email to check the token and then enter the received token to recover the password.
METHOD 3: Process to Reset the User Password in QuickBooks Application
- You must first start your QuickBooks by signing as the admin.
- After that, in the following window, move the cursor on the ‘Company’ section and then click on the ‘Set Up Users and Passwords’ option.
- Further, hit the ‘Set Up Users’ option.
- Re-type in the admin password if asked to do so.
- Now, move to the ‘User List’ option and then choose the user that requires a password recovery.
- Once selected, tap on the ‘Edit User’ button.
- In the next step, you are required to create a new password and then click on the ‘Next’ button twice.
- At last, end the process by hitting ‘Finish’.
As we come to an end, we hope by now you must have understood the entire concept of how to reset QuickBooks password. We have attempted our best to convey to you the easiest explanation of the password recovery method. Although you must not face any issues while resetting your password, in case you do, or have any further queries about it, immediately take guidance from the team of professionals through Toll-Free 1.855.738.2784. Our technical experts will help you throughout till you successfully complete the action.
You may also read this blog : QuickBooks Error 6150