If you are looking for a simple way to import OST files into Outlook 2010, 2013, 2016, or 2019, you have come to the right place. Then, in this article post, we’ll go through the most highly suggested techniques for importing OST files into Microsoft Outlook 2010, 2013, 2016, or 2019.
Users could read and browse offline Exchange OST files in Outlook because Outlook saves mailbox data in PST (Personal Storage Table) format. To view OST data in Outlook, the user must import OST to PST. Importing OST files into Outlook 2013, 2016, 2019 is common. We will also examine some frequent causes for loading OST files into Outlook. We will explore both manual and automatic OST to PST Converter solutions for accessing an OST file in MS Outlook.
Why Should You Export OST Files and Import Them into Outlook?
There are a variety of reasons why users may require the importation of an OST file into Outlook 2010, 2013, or 2016. We’ve compiled a list of the most common situations why people need to convert their OST files to PST files. Consider the various explanations behind this.
- If the Exchange server crashes abruptly, the file becomes unavailable, and data loss is possible. So, importing OST files into Outlook is needed to maintain database connectivity
- Outlook PST files are accessible and portable.
- In the situation of a server outage.
- Mailboxes were accidentally deleted.
- For data backup reasons to reduce loss of data.
Manual Methods to Import Old OST File
The manual methods allow users to convert OST to PST Outlook for free. This is a do-it-yourself method that requires good technical and Outlook knowledge. Also, before commencing the migration, make a copy of the OST data to be transferred as there is a possibility of data loss when converting OST to PST. Use the techniques offered to import OST files into Outlook.
Method #1: Make use of the Import/Export Wizard
- Sign in to your Microsoft Outlook account.
- Select the File tab from the drop-down menu.
- Choose the Import/Export option from the drop-down menu.
- Next, select Export to a file from the drop-down menu.
- Choose the Personal Files folder from the drop-down menu (.PST).
- To access the Parent root, select it from the drop-down menu.
- Verify the subfolders that are included in the include list.
- Navigate to the location where you want to save the PST data.
- To complete the process, press on the Finish tab.
Method 2: Make use of the Outlook Archive Feature
- Firstly, Open your Microsoft Outlook account and sign in with your username and password.
- Navigate to the File menu.
- Options can be found by selecting them from the menu bar.
- Select Options from the drop-down menu.
- After that, select the Advanced tab.
- Select Auto Archive settings from the drop-down menu…
- Choose the location where you want to save the archived files.
- Select the OK button from the drop-down menu.
Important Note: these are comprehensive DIY approaches, and users must follow them step by step without missing any steps in order to prevent data loss problems.
Pro-Solution to Import Old OST File
Most powerful and one of the best solutions to convert OST files into PST files is BitRecover OST to PST converter. This software is certified and verified software. And it comes with sophisticated and reliable features.
Let’s have a look at the features
Features of the Software
- The OST to PST Wizard is the most effective tool for converting an OST file to an Outlook file. The capability to swiftly import OST files into Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003, 2002, 2000, and other versions of Microsoft Outlook.
- It is designed to produce error-free PST files. The OST folder structure, email attributes, and another formatting will be preserved.
- Bulk OST to MS PST conversion is available to speed up the OST to PST conversion procedure. Several OST files may be kept in the same folder. Choose the folder and start the OST file conversion.
- No matter how big or small the OST file is, the utility will take extra care to keep the content secure and intact. At the end of the OST to PST conversion, every OST file data attribute will be maintained intact.
- And also, No Outlook installation is required to convert OST to PST. Easy-to-use interface and methods allow users to import OST to Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, and other versions.
How does the Software Work?
- Download the software on your PC.
- And then choose the old OST files from the outlook or local path.
- Now all the data will appear on the screen, choose the wanted data.
- Now choose the PST file from the drop-down.
- And then Choose the required locations.
- Lastly, click on the convert icon to start the procedure.
Finally, We have described how to convert OST files to PST in this blog. We’ve listed reasons and techniques to import OST files into Outlook 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019 below. So, We may now say that manual migration solutions have various flaws. Use a trustworthy OST Converter to recover and convert your OST file to PST or any other file type.
Also Read: 100% Free Online Small SEO Tools