Apart from being a home decor plant, Aloe Vera is a well-known beauty ingredient used by cosmetic companies in their skin and Hair Treatment Products. Aloe Vera has many medical uses, and because of that, it is a popular ingredient infused in many skin and hair products sold online in South Africa.
Though Aloe Vera is a tropical plant native to North Africa and Southern Europe, it is now being grown everywhere in the world. Moreover, cosmetic, pharmaceutical and food companies cultivate this plant to use its gel as an ingredient in their products.
Aloe Vera is well-known for its skin repairing and soothing properties, but it offers great benefits to the hair as well. Aloe Vera contains proteolytic enzymes. So, when applied on a regular basis, it can repair dead cells and condition the hair, which in turn promotes healthy hair growth, reduces hair falls and breakage.
In this post, we are featuring some simple Aloe Vera home remedies that will kick away all your hair problems, leaving your locks luscious, shining silky, hydrated, and kadıköy escort healthy.
List of Aloe Vera Home Remedies for Hair Growth
Remedy 1: Aloe Vera and Castor Oil
Castor oil works as a natural hair conditioner, and when combined with Aloe Vera gel, it can strengthen the roots and moisturize the scalp. To apply:
- Mix 3 tbsp of aloe Vera gel with 4-5 tbsp of castor oil.
- Mix 2-3 drops of essential oil to make it fragrant. You can skip this step.
- Massage the mixture thoroughly on your scalp.
- Leave it for 2-3 hours
- Wash it off with mild shampoo and lukewarm water.
- Repeat the process every week or month.
Remedy 2: Aloe Vera and Fenugreek Seeds Hair Mask
Fenugreek seeds contain nutrition like vitamin-A, B, C, protein, calcium, and folic acid that keep the hair healthy. When masked on your scalp along with aloe Vera, these seeds work magic for your tresses.
- Soak 3 tbsp of fenugreek seeds overnight or 6-8 hours.
- Drain out the water and mash the seeds to a smooth paste.
- Add 3 tbsp of aloe Vera gel to this paste and mix it well.
- Apply this mixture to your scalp and let it rest for about an hour.
- Thoroughly wash it off with cold water.
- Repeat this process twice a week to get healthy hair.
Remedy 3: Aloe Vera and Tea Tree Oil Hair Mask
Tea tree oil is the best treatment for dandruff and hair loss. Masking the tea tree oil with aloe vera gel can help you get rid of dandruff.
- Take 4-5 tbsp of aloe Vera gel.
- Add 3 drops of tea tree oil and 4 drops of argan oil to gel.
- Apply this mixture first on your scalp and move down toward strands.
- Leave it to rest for 3 hours and wash with warm water.
- Repeat this every week for a month, and your dandruff will be gone.
Remedy 4: Aloe Vera and Honey-Yoghourt Hair Mask
Honey promotes the growth of epithelial cells on the scalp, so when combined with yogurt and aloe vera gel, it encourages hair growth while providing smoothness and shine to your hair.
- Mix 2 tbsp of aloe Vera gel and honey and 1 tbsp of yogurt.
- Apply the mask from the scalp to shafts.
- Massage it gently for 10-15 minutes.
- Let it sit for 30 minutes and rinse off with cold water and mild shampoo.
- Do this process once every week or as you prefer.
Remedy 5: Aloe Vera and Onion Juice
Onions are rich in sulphur, which encourages new hair growth and prevents hair loss. Aloe vera makes hair shiny and smooth. Both these ingredients, when combined, can result in your healthy hair.
- Take a big onion and grind it to paste in a mixer grinder.
- Put this mixer in a cotton cloth or strainer and squeeze the juice out.
- Mix equal parts of aloe Vera gel and online juice.
- Apply this on your scalp and let it rest for 30-45 minutes.
- Rinse with cold water and mild shampoo.
- Use this remedy twice a week for better results.
Remedy 6: Aloe Vera and Coconut Oil
Coconut oil has essential proteins and fatty acids that improve your hair volume and give it a silky shine. Use coconut oil with aloe Vera gel to replenish your hair and reduce hair frizz.
- Take 2 tbsp of aloe Vera gel and 1 tbsp of coconut oil and mix them.
- Apply the mixture over your scalp and hair strands.
- Leave it for 30-45 minutes.
- Wash your hair with your regular shampoo.
- Repeat this process every week or alternate week.
Remedy 7: Aloe Vera gel and Hibiscus Flower
Hibiscus flower is known for its hair beneficial properties. It contains amino acids that produce keratin and stimulate hair regrowth. Hibiscus and aloe Vera gel masks can stop hair loss and encourage new hair growth. You can buy hair products online for your hair growth.
- Mix 1/4th cup of aloe vera gel with 2 tbsp of hibiscus flower powder.
- Blend the mixture well until it forms a paste-like consistency.
- Apply this paste on hair strands but avoid scalp and roots.
- Let it sit for 45 minutes on your hair.
- Rinse it with warm water and mild shampoo for natural hair treatment products.
- Use this remedy once every week.
Remedy 8: Aloe Vera and Green Tea
Green tea is a rich source of catechins that prevents hair fall and stimulate your hair follicles to encourage new hair growth. Make a green tea and aloe vera mask to boost hair growth.
- Take a half cup of aloe vera gel and a half cup of freshly brewed green tea.
- Blend both the ingredients well in a bowl.
- Apply the mixture on your scalp and hair strands.
- Gently massage your scalp and let the mixture sit for 10-15 minutes.
- Rinse your hair with cool tap water and mild shampoo.
Remedy 9: Aloe Vera and Neem Oil
Neem oil contains antibacterial properties. It is a good remedy to treat badly damaged or premature greying and promote hair growth. Aloe vera gel can add extra nourishing benefits when combined with neem oil.
- Mix 2-3 tbsp of aloe vera gel and 12-15 drops of neem oil.
- Massage the mixture into your scalp and leave it overnight.
- Wash it off with your regular shampoo the next morning.
- Repeat the remedy once or twice a week.
Remedy 10: Aloe Vera and Gooseberry
Gooseberry is a well-known ayurvedic medicine that treats many hair problems. It can stop hair fall, premature greying and stimulate hair growth.
- Mix the 1 tbsp gooseberry juice with 1 tbsp of aloe vera gel.
- Apply the mixture to your scalp.
- Leave it for 1-2 hours and rinse with water and natural hair treatment products like shampoo or cleanser. You can order Hair Products Online in South Africa from any beauty e-commerce site.
- You can use this remedy daily.
How to get the gel from an Aloe Vera plant?
You can freshly cut the aloe vera leaf and extract the gel freshly out of it. Just take a leaf and peel the outer green layer. Scoop the gel out or paste the inner part into the mixture grinder. Store this in your fridge in a well-sealed container and use it as you prefer.
Also Read: Is Prp Hair Treatment Safe?